Friday, December 12, 2008

If I had only one friend left, I'd want it to be you...

Mom died 21 years ago today. I remember that day like it was 21 days ago. I was so young, and now alone (as my dad died 2 years earlier). Sometimes being an only child is a hard thing. Yet, this is one of the events of my life that has made me who I am today. I look in the mirror and I am so much like my mother. I look like her more and more all of the time.

Mom would be proud of the woman, wife, and mother that I have become over the years. At her funeral I played the One Friend song, and I still feel this way today..... If I had only one friend left, I'd want it to be you..... here is to you mom, you are with me every minute of everyday of my life! I miss you.



6 comments:

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

{{{{{{Liane}}}}}}

Sue said...

Lifting a glass in toast to your mom. She would be so very proud of the woman you are.

Lea said...

(((((((((Liane)))))))) And Sue, I'm lifting my glass with you

iamjaytee said...

{{{{Liane}}}} My glass is up with theirs!

Chris said...

{{{{Liane}}}}}

Unknown said...

Big Hugs. I know the day has already passed- but wanted to still bring you the hugs. I think I would have loved your mom :o) You are an amazing person- mother- wife & friend. Thanks for being in my life!