Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bunco!

Bunco seems to be a northwest tradition. When I moved to the NW in 1999 I had never heard of it! But, I did some subbing in the Bunco group one of my neighbors had in Seaside. In July my friend Diane asked me to sub for her group. The group is formed from a group of 'metro croppers' Let me just say, what an awesome group of ladies this is! I think what I like about them the most is that they are all different. Different ages, different stages, different work life, different home lives. PLUS, and this is huge, they don't give me too bad of a time when I have a blonde moment (which seems to happen quite often). If you have ever played bunco you know that it is not as much about the game as it is about moving around and socializing. At the end of the night I was THE BIGGEST LOSER. That isn't really surprising for me. My luck tends to be BAD. But, the good news is I got my money back plus $3 more! So, I am saving up for a latte. j/k

Saturday night I was tired and went to bed early, Sunday I wasn't feeling great, and yesterday I had NO VOICE. What is up with that? Today I feel better, yahoo. What is up with the crap that I am hacking up out of my lungs? My DH was great last night and got the kitchen and house all straightened up. So, that sure helps!

I went to Albertson's this morning to pick up a few things from their sale. Casey had forgotten his lunch so I had to get dressed anyway ;-) I got a gallon of milk, 5 cereal's, 2 pancake syrup, 4 oatmeals, and 4 granola bars for $3! How awesome is that! I was so excited. I am definitely finding the grocery game worth it! LOL Plus, it is fun for me. And, it isn't too hard, because someone else figures out the deals! I just have to go do them.

I think today i am going to pay bills & rest so that I don't actually get sick sick sick. I do not want to deal with that! If only there was a way to get coupons for medical care--dental and eye docs would be my first choice here! Oy!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Maybe your voice being gone is a good thing for your boys!
{{{Feel better}}}

Sue

Diane said...

Hey Liane,
I'm so glad that you had fun playing Bunco with us; you are now one of us. :-)
Everyone loves you!
I'm also glad to hear that the Grocery Game is working so well for you..........you scored big time!
Diane

Q-Girl said...

Liane,

Cool blog! I'm so honored that you mentioned our bunco group. See...being a loser is AWESOME! Maybe next time you sub, you'll get the rest of your latte money ;) We loved having you there and I love that you're on the westside!!

Christine

Liane said...

I love being on the WEST side... and you guys are an AWESOME bunco group & group of women! Not taking it too seriously is very helpful to me! Thanks for stopping by ladies =-)

Denise said...

Hope you are feeling better.. I wanna play Bunco... hope the latte was yummy- I really need to get back on the shopping game ... Colleen is doing it here.. so maybe it will work. Email me with info pretty please? Oh gotta go get Hannah Montana info now... sorry spaced.. just had to check the blog again .. too kewl. Did I tell you Sandy signed me up for MySpace?? I have no idea.. Iknwo.. like I can keep up with the other blogs in my life.. Hugs