Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quigley 101

In general this bird does not like me. He is a Quaker Parrot. He likes Mike, period. The only time he let me touch him was last week. Even though he has wings he can't fly, and he flopped to the floor. Both of the big dogs went right over. They both understand that he is family, but that must be a bit scary for a little bird. Anyway, Mike wasn't home, so I had to step up, and sure enough Quigley stepped up on my finger and let me put him back on the cage. He likes to hang out there (in front of our wedding photo, circa 1989).

So, fast forward to last night. I had a great weekend so far! Friday night I played Bunco, and yesterday I went to an all day crop at a fellow CTMHers home not too far from here. She was very kind to let me be there, as to some I would be viewed as the enemy! I worked ALL day on the second half of my cruise swap. I am so glad to report that I got it done!!! Wahoo.

We had food from "Maggie's Buns" in Forest Grove for lunch. This is my second experience with them, and it is a wonderful place! I understand that mostly it does catering. OMG YUMMY. We had quiche, a yummy salad, bread and dessert creations. Did I mention yum? Wow, it was good!

Oh yea, the bird. So Mike was tired too last night. His stereo died on Thursday so he HAD to get a new one in Gracie (um yea, that is the name of the ford mustang convertible). So he played with that all day yesterday. He wanted to learn how to use all of the new features! So we go to bed fairly early, about 9:15 pm.

Alec comes to say goodnight, and heads back to his room...."um dad, Quigley is at the top of the stairs." WHAT? Yep, the bird has jumped off of his cage, walked down the hall, walked up the stairs, and headed down the hall to our bedroom... what a funny bird!!! So, I guess parrots are quite smart... sounds like Quigley will do that again! Oh my. I love our birds. Birds and dogs, a crazy combo that works for us. =-)

Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Sue said...

So I open the post, and I don't see a bird...I see a WEDDING photo! And that's all I see! I have to click on the photo to see it better! Dayum were you hawt!

Oh yeah, funny Quigley story!

ya ya's mom said...

oh excellent, dumb bird! glad you had a fun weekend, all about you!

Diane said...

Hey Sue, that's what I did too! LOL!
What a hottie huh? Wowza!
Oh ya, the bird is cute too.
:-)