Monday, July 30, 2007

What a day!

Oy! Yesterday was along one. The family is coming home from their camping trip today. I have done a ton of scrapbooking. It has been fantastic. I haven't scrapbooked in a long long time, too long. And, I definitely found my love of it again.

About 3pm I heard 'screaming.' I thought it was the bird, listened again, and discovered it was coming from Kassie downstairs. OMG, I went running. Her eye popped out. I was shaking and crying and panicing. I grabbed her and the car keys and called the vet. Who, even though they are open on Sunday, were closed. I guess it happened 10 minutes too late. ugh.

So, off to the emergency vet. That is in North Portland, which I do not know at all. I called and got directions. I drove the convertable into the grass in our yard as I pulled out of the garage. Did I mention I was a little upset? Freaked out might be more honest. I was so scared.

The vet's office gave me the wrong directions, so I drove almost to Washington, back to the zoo, and then connected with Mike and mapquest. Thank God he got me there. Did I mention I was pretty upset and scared? Anyway, they did surgery. It cost way less than the price quote. Yea. And I brought Kassie home about 10:30 last night. Between the eye drops and the pain killer, there are a lot of things going on. So, I didn't sleep too well. I am pretty sure Kassie didn't either though.

Anyway, it will be a few weeks before we know how her sight is... but thankfully the rest of her is OK. She looks like she has been through a war, but she will look normal again. Ahhh the joys of pets. They are like our kids, they make our hearts hurt.

1 comment:

Denise said...

So sorry about Kass.. hope she is feeling better. Hugs. And welcome to the blogging world!