Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back To School



It should be an awesome week. You know, the week before back to school. Yet, somehow it only seems stressful. The kids have to start going to bed at their regular times. They hate that. Alarms start going in the morning, instead of that noon wake-up for Alec. Mike spends the weekend at the office getting ready for the teachers to come back tomorrow.
Sometimes it is hard to feel like the glue that holds the family together, and I feel like I am not that glue... everyone is just anxious. I know it has nothing to do with me. It is the time of year, far from this beautiful day in Cannon Beach. Everyone is stressed. What will this new school year bring? What are the hopes and joys of everyone involved? Will Casey cut his hair? Will Alec be happy in school in spite of having to overcome his Asperger's? Will Mike's new teachers be as successful as he knows they can be? Will everyone do their best? So right now I find myself looking forward to the anxiety and anticipation being over.... and school starting again. Then I will get back to my own regularly scheduled life. Until then...

No comments: