Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 2 Barcelona, Spain

When we got to Barcelona, without our luggage, we picked up the Close To My Heart transfer to our hotel. They weren't ready for us to check in right away, but it only took about 3o minutes for us to get our room. It was neat. We walked up the street to the museum. They have several original Picaso's there. The museum itself was beautiful, and interesting. The kids did not like the Picaso's at all! They thought it looked like a second grader did the work! Hehehehehe.... Personally I was just about seeing them, and I do love the colorful ones! We walked the museum and then sat outside and drank a coke overlooking the city! YUM made with real sugar. Then we went to eat at a restaurant recommended by our hotel. Seafood, yum. It did all come with heads, so that was interesting, but it really was fantastic! The kids were troopers and didn't whine, simply cut the heads off and ate away! LOL We, of course, drank Spanish wine with dinner too! Then we went back toward the museum and saw the fountains. At night they do a big light show with music and water dancing. Lots and lots of people, but very relaxing.... I loved it.... Oh, and we are getting pretty tired now.... off to sleep, the most rock hard sleep in a long time for all of us, just exhausted! WHEW.
Tomorrow I will write about our brief tour of Barcelona and getting on the ship
!






Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sue said...

I know the food pic is just for me! You learned well, Grasshopper!

Picasso was pretty talented to make his stuff look like a 2nd grader had done it, huh?!

Sparkplug17 said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! Have lots of fun!

Sparkplug17 said...

Okay, I didn't look back far enough...but I'm glad you had a good trip, lol. Have a great weekend!

Diane said...

I'm so excited for you and your family. What a once in a life time trip and together as a family. Wow!
I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your trip.
:-) Hugs!