Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 5 Valletta, Malta

Did you know that the island country of Malta is the connection between Europe and Africa? Its location has made it a strategic point for wars from WWII back to the crusades. You can see that in the architecture. The main city of Valletta is essentially a huge fortress, it is really neat. Also, the entire island is made of limestone, the only natural resource of Malta. It is soooo beautiful looking! We went on an interesting tour, the only non Close To My Heart tour of the week, where we saw the presidential gardens, a lovely church, and a winery. I guess we figured we better see one winery in Europe! The first two pictures are of the city of Valletta as we cruised in... it was beautiful! The next one is of the boys and I at the winery where we tasted one white and two red wines. We also got some goat cheese and crackers. Yum, the first white wine I ever liked! LOL (and that continued throughout the trip). Casey liked the wine too. The last photo is of me and Jen. We had dinner with Jen and her hubby after our day in Valletta. Jen is my first downline to earn a cruise. I am sooo proud of Jen! We also went to the artisans village where we saw lots of glass blowing. I bought a wine stopper there. Oh yes, and did you know that they are famous for the filigree jewelry? I got an awesome 8 point cross (for the 8 be attitudes) that was made by local artists. It is just lovely. So that is a bit about our 5th day, in Malta! Did you know that Popeye the movie was filmed there?







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie Skiff said...

You were in Malta and didn't come see me? Just teasin...I live in Malta, Montana!! So that title caught my eye! Have fun Liane...I am enjoying the updates!!