Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bacon makes everything better....

Saw that on AOL this morning. I do like bacon, overcooked bacon. But I am not sure it makes everything better. Of course it does make breakfast better! Chocolate, now that might just make everything better! LOL

Ahhh what a yesterday.... Denise came in from the beach for lunch. We went to Applebees. We talked about some serious stuff. It was good though. I feel like I have known Denise forever, but it turns out it is only 3 years. WOW, how is that possible? LOL

Then we headed over to Scattered Pictures Scrapbook Store. But, alas, just before I we walked in the cell rang. It was Mike. Alec is having a very bad day at school, will I go get him. Well, yea, but I am on the other side of Portland, literally. I am east of the city, and we live west of the city... I said I could be there in an hour. Mike called back a few minutes later and said he needs to come home now, so Mike left his conference and went to get Alec. Turns out his math teacher told him that 12 assignments that he redid wouldn't give him any extra points. So, he was very very upset.... as an Aspergers Child would be! Why is it that adults are more frustrating than children. I am sure she didn't mean to upset him sooo, but this literally ruined his day.... he couldn't recover from the hurt and upset feelings. He had spent about 10 hours redoing the work.... That would be hard for any 8th grader.... add the Aspergers and forget it.

This parenting thing is hard. Maybe bacon can make it better? I didn't really focus on the store, that I had never been to. I just worried about Alec. Parenting is so hard. He is so bright and yet so sensitive. So, I spent the rest of the night wondering how to approach this whole situation with the teacher, the school. I KNOW they are doing the best they can. I KNOW we all talk before we remember that Alec has this problem. But, it hurts me to the core when he hurts.... which is most of the time. No wonder I am exhausted......

Today I am going to try to recreate a book I saw at the SB store. While Denise checked out, I sat and looked at how they created it..... very very cute, and it looked pretty easy! The paper layering makes all of the difference.

I hope Alec has a good day today. I hope for no phone calls. I hope that he can live in a bubble where everyone is kind and loving and helpful to him..... I guess these are the things every parent hopes for for their children. =-)

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm sorry that Alec had such a bad day and that the teachers don't think!!! 10 hrs of re-diong anthing is dounting. Poor kid.
Hugs to him.
Yes, bacon is a good thing but chocolate is better.
LOL