Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Aspergers UGH

I am not sure that it is possible to understand this disorder. It is so frustrating to me! The bottom line is that Alec is not able to effectively communicate with his peers. It makes me CRAZY. He is always frustrated about something, and the glass is only ever half full. He is a wonderful loving child full of a good spirit and love of all things living.... Yet, he has such trouble with people. He has learned, mostlly from us, to let things go and tease back. But other adults see this as good hearted banter, and he finds it stressful and upsetting. If only I knew exactly WHAT to do with him.

Yet, I know the answer... remember we love him, all of him. His strengths (of which there are many) and his weaknesses. And pray that God has an awesome life planned for him, one which only he and God can imagine.

2 comments:

Denise said...

so sorry-- big hugs & yadda yadda yadda. I realize this is an ongoing thing with Alec. And he is such a good kid with a great big heart of gold. I want to say it haas got to get easier.. I really hope it does. You do all you can.. and you have. Just keep it up little camper.. LOL hugs

Diane said...

Liane,
I do believe that things will get easier for Alec (and you. He is at a very tough age for any kid. The fact that he has Aspergers makes it that much harder. Kids can be so cruel. I will keep you both in my prayers.
HUGS,
Diane