Monday, October 15, 2007

Turning point in my life?

I think maybe I just hit a turning point. I have had this stupid sickness for weeks now. The doctor today doesn't feel it is wisdom for me to travel. So, I lost the album retreat. =-( I feel really sad about that. But, maybe this is a turning point. I am feeling like it is time for me to revisit what is important, again. I think the past year has been mostly about Mike's new job and Alec's Asperger's diagnosis. I need to take back myself. How? I am not sure I know how to do that right now. But, I can feel that it is time. It is time for me to decide, again, what it is that I want & how to get it.

So, first in line is getting HEALTHY. I can do this. I need to start exercising again. Too bad I don't have Kim to kick my butt out at the beach. But, I do have a gym in the neighborhood... and I do have dogs that like to walk. Although Kassie is not as easy to walk anymore! I need to remember about planning time for myself. I need to go to the doctor when I get sick. I can do this. I really need to run my life like I run my business. What is the output I want? Once I decide what the outcome is I want... I can easily back that off to see the steps I need to do to make them happen. And, I already do some of those things, I just think I have forgotten my why.

So, this is me deciding to NOT be angry and disappointed and unhappy and mad and upset.... this is me living in the moment. I am going to let it go and look forward to the album retreat in 2008. I am going to move forward. I am woman, hear me roar!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hey, you stole my line! "I am woman hear me roar!"

I'm glad you are taking back your life. And if anyone I know can do it, YOU can.

hugs,
Sue

Denise said...

I know this has been an on going battle being sick for you. I'm so sorry. I know you can take back your life & ne well. You have the will power.. I know that. :o) Hugs & al that. Hope Casey is feeling better.