Monday, May 19, 2008

An amazing card......


My upline with Close To My Heart must just be the most creative person EVER! Her work is amazing. Many of you know that I am a red, white and blue FREAK.... When I got home from Puyallup this weekend this was in my email in box today. Wow, is this amazing or what?

This card uses the Friendship Word Puzzle, May 2009 Stamp Of The Month, Spot on Backgrounds and Vintage USA (oh and my very favorite old wood stoneware texture stamp). I think that is it! There is waxy flax on the 2 big stars, and bigger brads and ribbon on each of the 3 tags. Colors are Cranberry and Outdoor Denim.

Puyallup was a blast over the weekend. I got all packed up on Thursday. I got in the car on Friday morning and was off! I got out of here at 6:30 am, picked up Janelle in Vancouver, and then picked up Terry in Longview. We got into Puyallup just before set up time at 11am. We spent the day setting up my 10x15 booth. This is the Heirloom show, and the company that puts this one on is my favorite. They are out of Newport, OR. I guess I have a soft spot for people that live at the beach.

I taught a class on Friday night. We did the 3x3 brag book out of one sheet of 12x12 paper. It was fun to force them to think outside of the box. People were a little shook up by that part! Oh well! After class we picked up some sorbet (well Terry and I did) and went back to the hotel. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Puyallup, it was the BEST hotel staff I have ever delt with. Oh, and the chocolate cookies.... YUMMY.....

Saturday was an OK day at the show. People are definitely spending less, which is a bummer when you are in this business. After the show we went to my favorite restuarant, BLACK ANGUS. OMG it was so yummy.

Then Sunday we finished up the show, packed up and headed home. I got home about 10pm, exhausted, whew! So now I am inventorying and revisiting where I am right now with my expos and such. I don't have any this summer, which is a bummer. So, it is time for me to get my clubs going again. I am really excited about that for sure.

OK, rambling on....... hoping Janelle will send me some photos from the weekend so that I can share!

2 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

wow, linda is so talented!!! i'll work on getting you some pics, k? Don't expect them too quickly though...i'm sick and busy and i mean that is the most loving way!!!

Sue said...

Very cool card! Sounds like you'ns had a blast at the show.