Thursday, May 29, 2008

And now the end is near....

...and so I face the final curtain, my friend, I'll say it clear, Ill state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life thats full. I've traveled each and evry highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do, and saw it through without exemption. I planned each charted course; Each careful step along the byway, But more, much more than this,I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew. When I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall; And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried. I've had my fill; my share of losing. And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way... No, oh no not me,I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows -And did it my way!

I am really feeling like this is a fitting song. School is less than two weeks from being OVER for another year. Alec will progress from 8th grade. Middle school has been an adventure for us, and it is not over yet.... but the end is near. YAHOO. Elementary school has really been wonderful. Casey has had one good teacher after another. I am sure he helps the situation, but honestly he has been blessed with some of the best throughout the years. I am glad that our middle school here is two years, so that Alec and Casey did not have to be in the same school during Alec's difficult times. I think that would have been very hard on Casey, who takes his relationship and his influence over his brother very seriously. Somehow this week, as Casey turned the big 12, I can't help but think that this is the end of a chapter. A chapter that I will miss.. cue the music "You're Gonna Miss This" (Love Trace Adkins).... and yet I am ready for a new chapter, a chapter that is yet to be written in my life. One thing is for sure about me, "I do it my way!"

No comments: