Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas is coming! Ready or not...

I can not believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. But first in our house, tomorrow is Mike's birthday. I have his present wrapped, but nothing wrapped for Christmas. I guess I should be doing that instead of blogging. But, I did clean the house today (usually my Monday job) so that I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. It feels good to be done.

Our tree looks a little sparse this year, and even with a few wrapped presents I don't think it is going to look too much better! LOL Mike keeps calling it the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. It doesn't really, but in comparison to OUR usual tree... maybe it does. It is only about 6 feet tall. Very pretty. Maybe I will take a photo before I take it down. It is really going to be a more simple Christmas. Too darn many medical bills this fall. Fortunately the boys get it. Well, Casey gets it for sure. I am not always sure about Alec, but I think he understands. We got the smaller tree because I knew that Mike would lift it onto the car top, bad back and all. And, of course, he did! Live trees are pretty cheap in Oregon. In fact Oregon is the number one Christmas Tree supplier in the nation.

Alec helped get it set up and we all decorated together. Surprisingly Kassie has not walked into it yet. In general I think she knows the layout of the house now. So, my blind in her one eye pekingese is getting around pretty darn well! Her hearing is getting better by the minute. I am not sure I love that, but it is what it is! She knows what is going on all of the time! She can hear someone getting food from a mile away! And, when I get up to go upstairs, she goes with me. She is a mama's girl alright.

We will be alone tomorrow night, and Bill & Danielle will come on Christmas day for Christmas dinner. Danielle's sister Wanda is here from New Jersey too. I plan to make Cornish Game Hens. Hope they are yummy! I think it will be fun! Oh, and New York steaks for Mike's birthday tomorrow night. YUM. Our program seems to be that Dec 24th is Mike's birthday until after dinner... then it is Christmas Eve. So we will do our usual thing and open our presents Christmas Eve after dinner.

It is going to be a peaceful Christmas here in Oregon, and probably wet too. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you get some really cool stuff.