Monday, December 17, 2007

Surf Pines looks like a war zone!


So, out at the coast for a turn and burn on Saturday night, and WOW Surf Pines (our old neighborhood) looks like a bomb hit. I can not believe the devistation to all of the trees, and roofs too! We did run into (not literally!) the local herd of elk, over 30, that live in the area. They are so beautiful up close. This pic was in the neighbor across the street's from our old house yard.
Alec enjoyed his evening with his girl friend. I enjoyed my evening with my friends. It was all good... well, except for Mike's back! Even the drive home was pretty uneventful, except for the fog over the mountain pass. It is about 75 miles each way from our new house to our old neighborhood!
Alec is home again today. He went to school and then called after first period. Will he ever make it through the day again? Oy!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Didn't we tell you?? and that is cleaned up. So glad this supposed other storm never came though. Glad Mike is doing better.. I know his back was killing him weekend before last. Nice you had a great dinner with the Wades & I hoep Danielle had a nice trip-- I'm sure she did. Hugs catch ya later

Diane said...

So Liane, those are your old neighbors in the picture??
Ha ha ha