Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Seaside

Well, we were able to talk to some friends out on the coast within the last day. They are now starting day 4 without any power or telephone. They didn't even have cell reception for the first day and a half. Then they were able to get calls, but not call out. Now, finally, just this afternoon, they have cell reception back.... not that it is ever great out there.

I understand that it looks like a war zone. Trees down everywhere, roofs torn up, signs blown over. I am sooo glad I am not out there, I feel AWFUL for those who are... tonight it is supposed to be down below freezing.... brrrr. Once when we lived at the coast (7 years) we went without power for about 23 hours. That was awful! I can not imagine 4 days or more.... there doesn't appear to be an end in sight. Residental is last on the line to get power and phone service back. I guess it is good that they have gas, at least. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to all of those living through this.

No comments: