Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hot chocolate

Doesn't matter what you call it, cocoa, hot cocoa, hot chocolate, choc-o-latte... it is YUMMY on a cold day. We started today meeting with Alec's principal, counselor, and math teacher. I think they felt good about the meeting. Overall, I think we re-confirmed that he needs a lot of support to get the work done. He understands the work, but really struggles with the processes.

I have really been thinking about something Susan said recently. She compared me to her mother, who is an Alzheimer's caregiver. I am seeing my role with Alec as a care giver as well as parent. I think this is helping me to handle my own feelings about all of this better. I don't know why it can be so hard, but is sure is.... maybe 2008 will be the year I will take it less personally when he is upset with me. I know he doesn't mean to act difficult, and I need to keep this in mind.

Later today I got a little work done. So hard some days... just waiting for the call from Alec....

But the best part was after school, Casey and I got to sit and enjoy our hot cocoa together! Yum... fireplace is on (gotta love gas)... dog is barking (don't love her gas)... sitting quitely NOT and sipping our cocoa... LOL I love my crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life!

No comments: