Tuesday, March 11, 2008

just shoot me now

OK, lets see... it is DAY ONE, yes day one of no electronics for Alec. And it is already painful. He is here, right here, with me, annoying me, begging me for his electronics back. Yes, it would be much easier to give them to him. But, the deal was 2 A's and 2 B's..... let's just say, no where close to that....

So, here on day one we already hate mom and dad. He feels we took advantage of him. In a word, he is furious. And he is saying anything he can think of to get his stuff back. Oh the joy of parenting.

Just last night I took the boys to IHop for dinner. If you haven't been to IHop this month you don't know about the Dr Seuss breakfast. I was LOL at Alec eating green eggs and ham. He had these pancakes with blue and pink glaze poured over them.... oh yes, and a sprite with blue and red jello cubes.... He is 5, he will always act 5...... It was very sweet. It just made me smile & remember how darling he was way back then, and still.

And here we are at today..... the day he told the psychologist that he would have his grades back up in no time. He has no plan. He just thinks they will magically rise.

He is angry with Casey now.... he wants Casey's yo yo. He uses all of the 'adult' language.... not meaning cuss words, but the way he talks.... yet the reasoning matches the 5 year old from dinner last night.

Oh boy, we are sure in for fun this month!

2 comments:

Sue said...

{{{Liane}}}

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better.

Denise said...

Big Hugs. I have to laugh about the IHOP thing.. I can just picture it now.. :o)