Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! My crazy hubby is off at the gym already. I suppose this explains how he has kept his weight off. I am very proud of him. He is a great dad not only to our children, but to all of the children in his school who need a father figure. I often tease him that he missed his calling as a vet, as animals everywhere love him too. But the truth is animals and children aren't all that different. They need people who love and respect them to look up to for direction and love.

I miss my own father every year. Yet, about five years into our marrige I realized that my DH was a lot like my own father. Really, in both the good and tough ways (for me!). My dad has been gone since 1985, but I thank him for the 20 years I did have with him.

Happy Father's Day to all of the men out there who are father's!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: