Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What a crazy day!

This afternoon I kept hearing the helicopters overhead. I finally decided to go outside and check out the situation. It turns out one of our neighbors came home to find a man in his garage. This man shot the neighbor in the shoulder. So, the police helicopters and news helicopters were overhead. The area in the neighborhood was taped off and the mobile police unit was there. The police suggested that everyone stay inside. It is 9:15 pm now and I don't know if they caught the bad guy or not. But, it sure made for an interesting afternoon!

On another note we got Casey out of Elementary School tonight. They had a nice little ceremony and slide show. Tomorrow the boys are only at school for a couple of hours and then it is summer vacation! I am ready to get to sleep in other than get up and fight the kids to get them out of here on time.

In other news, Casey's bike has not been found. Stolen from outside of Target by cutting the chain, we were hoping it would be found since it is registered. But, no such luck. So looks like we will be dropping some money on a new bike this weekend. Never a dull moment.

In other news the new bird seems to be fitting in fairly well. We are struggling to teach her to stay on her cage instead of jumping down and walking around on the floor. Not that I don't trust the dogs, but well, I don't trust the dogs. Letting the bird walk on the floor feels like letting your dog watch your hamburger.... just not a good idea.

If you are so inclined please say an extra prayer for my friend Susan and her family. Her dad is having a tough time right now. He has Alzheimer's and is in the hospital with some other issues. They aren't getting too much information, which I am certain is quite frustrating.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diane said...

OK, I have to ask because I have had birds...........how do you deal with poop on the floor?
EWWWW! My birds stayed in the cadge unless we were holding them.
My friend let her bird have full access to her house. The birds favorite spot was on top of the drapery rod. Well, you should have seen the back of the drape....ICKY!!!!