Thursday, April 10, 2008

Be Glad of Life


Fun cards for a Thursday! Can you see that I started the other day with a random stamped piece of Rustic Flowers paper? I actually think these look better in real life than on the photo, but they are good, and fairly simple!
I am glad it is Thursday. Today is the end of the quarter for Alec. I have gotten some good information on Asperger's recently. I think that Alec is at a maturity of about a 9 year old, with a brain that works better than his 13 years. He is so capable of doing the work at school, but he really can't handle the simple things, like understanding what needs to be done. He is so good at pretending that he gets it, that some adults really think he gets it immediately.

Sometimes I wonder about this disability. It is so hard to really see unless you spend a lot of time with Alec. Or if you try to make him do something he doesn't want to do. He throws a great big tantrum. I have such a hard time with this as I had no concept that I would still be dealing with tantrums at age 13, almost 14. So, often I don't think I do my best with this. It is hard to deal with! But, thank God for the things that relax me. What are those you ask? My Internet friends are awesome. My pets are a huge part of calmness for me. Being creative, and accomplishing something in that realm. Close To My Heart, oh and of course, medication. I guess food and coffee would fall in there too.

So, this brings me to a question.....what do you do to relax when you are stressed out about life? Keep it clean ladies ;-) Off to work on Alec's school album..... because that is much better than taxes! LOL
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim said...

Scrapbooking is my stress reliever. My favorite time to scrap is when everyone is in bed and I can listen to my music--no blaring TV in the background.

And I don't rule out a hot bubble bath with a glass of white zinfendel.

Unknown said...

The first thing I do is quote this scripture: "Come to me all, you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30.
Then and only then am I able to let go. Once that is done, I move on to reading a good book, scrappin', stampin', or painting. Basically anything creative.