Monday, April 21, 2008

Circa de 1977


So, I am guessing on the date, I think I was 12 in these shots. I am in the "Dip n Sip Donuts" t-shirt. These are two of my longest friends with me. In the left picture is Carleen Blados (then anyway) with Liane Cunningham (then anyway). Carleen and I met when we were in swim lessons on Shelter Island with Jack Roble (wow, where did his name come from?) We weren't even in Kindergarten yet! So, I guess that means we have been friends for about 40 years. OMG. We weren't quite as sweet and innocent as we looked in that picture.

On the right hand side is me (left), Carleen (right), and Paula Speros (then anyway). Paula and I met when our families were on vacation in St Thomas in 1976. I was 11 then. We have never lived in the same state. Then she lived outside of Boston, now she lives outside of Atlanta with her family.

Carleen married one of the boys from school! That is a big deal since she graduted in a class of about 15 kids! LOL Carleen and her family live in Virginia now. They have two kids about the age of our two boys. Paula, thank God, did not marry her high school sweethart. Instead she found a darling boy who loves her to death! They were married in the spring of 1990 (a year after we were) and have one sweet little girl, who looks JUST like her mama.

It is hard to belive that I have had one of these friends for 30years and the other for 40 years. They are my longest friends. I love them both dearly and would love to be closer in proximity to see them more often. Maybe that is one of the things I will put on my list for my retirement years!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Diane said...

Very cool!

Kim said...

Those pictures are priceless. I love looking back. I have two friends from my "childhood" days that I keep in touch with. Now I want to go and dig out pictures.

ya ya's mom said...

could you be any cuter?!