Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Woof woof woof


This is my favorite new stamp set! I absolutely love it. It will be available May 1st. The paper is new too, sarsaparilla. I love the message that comes with all of the doggies too. It speaks VOLUMES. This is the card I made for Susan's swap. I did have to order clear envelopes, so they will arrive tomorrow and I can get this swap in the mail.
What a great day. Alec and I had very good appointments with his therapists yesterday. I feel like we are all doing a better job pulling out what is Alec, what is Asperger's, and what is teenager. Sometimes it is hard, and of course I NEVER want to punish the Aspie. But, when he makes poor choices I have to guide him to better ones. I told him again yesterday, he MUST do well in school because he hates hard labor. Heck, Alec hates any labor. Picking up his room is painful, so I am pretty sure he won't do a good job as the guy making big rocks into small rocks.
He seemed to also have a good day today. He went back to school for the FULL 6 periods. This is the first time since maybe once in September, that he has made it through the day. Then he called and wanted to go to youth group with his friends. We pick him up at 8:30. I am guessing he will be exhausted, but I am so proud of him that he is trying so hard to have friends and stay in school. Also, it was his choice to start back up to 6 periods. He tried Monday, but it didn't work out.... then yesterday we were at the doc's all day. He and I both came home and took a nap, exhausting! Anyway, I really hope that things are turning around for Alec. It is astonishing to me that the right meds can make all of the difference. Unbelievable.
On another note, Casey has a solo at his school music concert tomorrow night. I know he is going to do an awesome job! He is a talented young man for sure.... even if he is a hippee! It is so cute that he is so good about so many things, but likes to keep his hair long. It is like his way of fighting the conformity. Funny boy.

No comments: