Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Love you

It seems impossible that my dad has been gone for 22 years
today. This is a wonderful photo taken during WWII when he was a fighter pilot. There are so many things I never asked him. So many things I didn't know that I would want to know! I was only 20 when he died. I remember him telling me that "communication is the most important thing." I thought that was so unusual. And many people I have told that story to over the years also thought it was different. Most people say love or compassion..... but ya know what. I think it is true. Over the years I have discovered that without communication, the others just don't work. Ahhh dad, I am so much like you. I miss you everyday. Thank God you were here for me through my childhood. You may be gone, but you will always live in my heart.

No comments: