Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am excited about the new year. I suppose I am an overall optimist. I am always very excited about a new possibility. It seems like with the start of a new year, come many new beginnings. Yahoo! I am sooo ready. I am ready for myself to have a new year. I am ready for being a grown up. Since a few people commented ... both on the blog and by email, I want to explain.... to me being a grown up doesn't mean forgetting to play. But, it does mean not sticking my lip out until I get my way. It means not being unhappy when I don't get what I want. If I can't walk the dog because I have to go get Alec at school, I won't get mad and eat instead. I am going to think the way I believe a grown up would do! I am going to THINK instead of behaving like a little kid!

OK, all that given, it has been a long day with Alec. OK, long two days. We are working on getting his homework done, and that is always a fight. He wants to do it as fast as possible and be done with it. He doesn't take any pride in his work, and gets angry if you correct him in any way. He told me today that I don't give him enough attention. I told him, totally honestly, that I can't give any more. I can continue to give what I am, but I am at my max in being able to give. Then, I thought I was going to burst out into tears. I think I need a very strong anti-depressant right now. I am taking one, but it is more for nerves than depression. I think the depression is starting to get to me too. I just feel so overwhelmed. Anyway, Alec is now taking Abilify as his latest new drug. The copay was $185. I almost fainted. OMG what? Are you kidding me? That is the copay? Yikes!!! So, I walked the dog today, made and ate some peanut brittle (ok, that was a kid reaction that I have). I will have to share the easy recipe though!

Anyway, Casey is ready to go back to school. Mike went to work today for awhile. I pretty much did nothing, except make peanut brittle... which took about 8 minutes. I was even eating it when it was not cool yet... like taffy peanut brittle. Funny.

I do need to get Kassie scheduled for a teeth cleaning this month. So, I shall do that next week, along with many other things like that! Anyway, this is my life.... radical, irrational, too complex to be real. LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Liane you are indeed very optimistic. And that is something I think you should be very proud of. It is a huge part of your success with Close to My Heart®.

Jane said...

Wow, $185? Ouch! And it's probably too new to get it elsewhere? Otherwise I'd say come visit in AZ and we'd make a trip over the border! That's how we did our infertility drugs...sooooo much cheaper!

Love the dog pictures. Had to laugh. Luckily our big dog came to us pretty well "trained" in that area (not getting on the couch, etc). I'm not much of a trainer and I can guarantee you my big dog would be a lap dog if I'd been in charge of training.

Good luck on your resolutions!

Jane