Monday, January 14, 2008

My Favorite Websites

Friday night Casey and Mike were sitting on the couch opposite 'my couch.' Well, I use that term loosely because usually it is mine and the dogs, Kassie and Aspen both sit with me. =-) I love them! They keep me warm.... anyway, Mike was surfing the Internet with Casey. They were looking for capital punishment information... finding out about different states and different forms of punishment. They tell me 140 people were put to death last year in the US. This surprised Casey, he thought it would be more. Mike was pointing out that he loves the Internet, it feeds his ADHD. And, I think that it is true. He bounces from site to site to site finding out all kinds of useless information. Stuff that I could care less about. He does have favorite sites, but they ALL involve football! Oh brother @@. It is all about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Of course yesterday he was looking at the Giants. Eli Manning was the search of the evening.... I like Eli, don't get me wrong. I love seeing little brother come into his own. And, I agree that it would be neat to see a Manning SuperBowl. Neat.

My sites are a little less interesing. I love www.flylady.com to keep me up on my home. (I don't get the emails anymore but I do the program.) I love www.daveramsey.com and www.livinglikenooneelse.com for financial advice. I usually check www.thegrocerygame.com to see if there are any great deals going on. I check the bank accounts and retirement accounts quite often too. I don't balance my checkbook the old fashoned way, so this is good! I also check several blogs & bounce around to look at artwork. Mostly I look at the blogs of people I know (listed here on the home page). I do also read the pioneer woman, love her photos. (www.thepioneerwoman.com) And, I often google Close To My Heart to be sure I am still on the front page. I worked hard to get there, and want to stay there! LOL After all that is done I head over to the CTMH site to see how my team sales are... which haven't been so great lately, unfortunately. Then I look in on the artwork. I also really like to stay current with my email, I hate opening email and finding 50 new notes. I get a lot of email, so I try to check it often. Lots of times I leave the sound on and go to check it when I hear it click in. It just feels good to catch up!

Anyway, that is what I check, what do you do on line?

2 comments:

Sue said...

My favorite thing to do is stalk you! Leave 50 emails in your box so you have something to read!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the financial websites. I'm going to check those out.
Jenn