Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Resolution

Saturday night has me thinking about how I am doing so far on my resolutions, well resolution...to be a grown up and THINK about things.

1. Money: I got Quicken for $29.99 and got the pack with a 29.99 rebate with the purchase of that and turbo tax. I know I am buying turbo tax anyway, so that was a great freebie. Money is going pretty well. Bottom line, I am thinking about it again. I about had a heart attack on New Years Eve when the pharmacist called to tell us that Alec's new prescription has a $185 coypay. OMG... took me three days to get over that one.... But the biggest thing for me is paying attention.

2. The House: I always do pretty well with the house because I use the flylady system. http://www.flylady.com/ But, sometimes I let my scrapbook room get messy. I did put everything away and CLEAN today. It is a hard area to clean, because there are so many little things out, but it looks good now! Woohoo.

3. Health: I have walked 3 out of the first 5 days of the year.... I only wish the two I haven't walked weren't yesterday and today. But, there is always tomorrow. I am eating OK, not awful, not great. This is so hard for me. I don't know why, but this is my number one Achilles heel.

4. The kids: OK, Alec. It is so much easier when school isn't on. I only need to hassle him about brushing his teeth. It has been pretty good so far though, so I am happy there. I try to remember that he acts like a five year old, and often should be treated as such. Not in a condescending way, but in a way that he needs constant direction and reminders.

So, that is where I stand on my resolution. I am hoping to do some scrapbooking next week and start planning my projects for the Heirloom Stamp Show in March. I love that show, mostly because I love the people that hold the show. They live out in Newport, and are just wonderful warm people. It is so nice to work with people like that.

Aspen just came and sat by me... she can't stand listening to her dad scream at the TV. The Steelers are behind right now, by 2 points, with only 27 seconds to go... it doesn't look good. On the bright side, if they lose I won't have to watch much more football this winter. LOL

5 comments:

Sue said...

Poor Mike. His Steelers ended up losing. I had them winning the game for sure. :::and I yell at the TeeVee too!:::

Sounds like you're doing good on your resolutions. Keep it up!

Kim said...

Good luck on all your resolutions, Liane. I really need to invest in Quicken too. Mark's tutoring (Huntington Learning Center) is a big drain on our budget and this year our oldest goes off to college. I really need to learn to budget better and get with it.

Denise said...

::sigh:: sad night at the Dawson house too-- Dan & Cam were bummed.
Good job on the NY resolutions. I have to be more careful myself. I'm trying- baby steps I tell ya. The flylady bugs me.. too many dang emails a day.. doens't help me -she takes up more of my computer time..LOL

kbradseth said...

You cracked me up when you told ME that you would be checking up on MY progress. You have a way-harder resolution (grown-up!) and I know your blog address, too. (=

Unknown said...

Feel for you on that co-pay on the meds. Thank goodness that my insurance has a maximum on tier 3 drugs for co-pays. It is $110. Which is not as bad as Alec's unless you consider that I have 2 meds that cost me that each month.