Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Artist Trading Cards



ATC's are a fun and easy way to get a card started, without getting one completed! So, here are a couple done with alcohol ink on glossy paper and then winobella and cosmobella. They will eventually make their way onto cards that get sent. I have a friend or two that will love this as their birthday card.
We are trying to decide this morning what kind of program to place Alec in at high school. The normal choice would be to put him in classes to match his ability. But given his emotional state we are considering just putting him in regular classes. I am not sure what the right choice is here. But I am certain it will be a tough choice. HillHi has a great new pilot program next year that is a two year program to integrate all of their teachers. They also aim for depth of teaching and not breadth. I love love love this! I have been learning a lot about the IB (international baccalaureate) program. I didn't really understand that it is replacing AP (advanced placement) programs until last night. But its theorey matches my own learning theorey much better. Is he smart enough? Without a doubt. But, I am not sure he has (or will have) the work ethic for this.
Casey is home sick today. Bad red throat. It is so sweet to see him laying on the couch, and Roxy right there with him. She is a great dog. Wahoo! And the two of them together are just darling. While Casey is sick I have a few things to get ready to mail. But my big thing today is to get my photos printed for the album class next week. I HATE my printer for photos, so I am going to send them in.... if Shutterfly or one of those does weird sizes I will send to them. Otherwise they will go to Costco and I will crop them. Have a great hump day!

No comments: