Saturday, February 9, 2008

Life in the northwest....



I made this fun card for Alec's counselor the day he freaked out at school. I hope she enjoys looking at it as much as I do! LOL

I realized I haven't posted in a couple of days. It has been normal here, whatever that means. We haven't agreed on a new name for Libby. So, she is still Libby. Things are going great with the dogs. She and Aspen are great friends, and it gives Kassie an opportunity to not have to play....which makes Kassie happy.

I need to get my camera back from my DH so that I can get up some new pics. I have an awesome gifty from Sue that I must post, it is darling, and I have a few new pieces of artwork to share. OOO this reminds me, I can not belive I did this, but I signed up for the Thursday Album Class at CKC in Portland on Feb 28th. I am so excited about it!

I think I am finally feeling like myself again. This is the first time in months I have felt like m. I am soooo pleased! Making Alec go to school is really helping me... although, I noticed that I put on the bane of my existance list that I absolutely hate hearing the phone ring.... the furthermore is that I hate it when Alec is at school. Why? Because I know that it is Alec calling to tell me why he is sick and I must come get him. It is so hard to say no, but I do believe it is the right thing, if only to give myself a few hour break. I think I talked to him about 6 times yesterday. Some days are better than others I guess. But, when the phone rings I am just sure it is him.

Mike got his packet today for his New Orleans conference. He is so excited that he got his first couple of choices. I actually think he is at least as excited about this conference as he is about New Orleans. That should be a nuts week as that is the weekend of the Heirloom show at the convention center here. I hope that Alec's meds are balanced enough for me to leave him here alone to watch the dogs. I think so.... he seems to be doing better. If nothing else, most of the time he is deescalating faster than before. The lying is driving me nuts right now. That is my plan for Monday's psychologist appointment. What the heck is up with the lying! Grrrr.

Well, we have a list of possible names for Libby. But unless all four of us agree, she is going to stay Libby. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around Libby being a dog name I suppose. But, eventually I will get used to it. I'll keep you posted. BTW, Gabbi was my favorite.... but everyone else hates it! Oh well.

Hey, anyone else have trouble running spell check on this thing?

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!Ya hoo!!
No...........no spell check on this thing. :-(

Denise said...

Gabbi-- hey that is close to Abbi I suggested. LOL Libby Libby Libby on the lable lable lable.. you will like it like it like it on your table table table...