Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HillHi Here We Come!



Thank you to Sue for sharing a few oriental images with me. These are two of the cards I have made. I colored both with chalk, which I don't use too often anymore. I covered the left image with some pearl paint, just to make the image shimmer.... It looks better in person, as always.

We went to the first of many Freshman Orientation dates tonight at Hillsboro High School. I am really excited that our boys will be going there. There are about 2000 kids, which I THINK is a good sized high school. And, there are lots of opportunities. The night was a little LONG.... at 150 minutes.... but we made it. They have a lot of things that they do during their school day,which I think is very cool. This even includes clubs. Imagine that! It is just changing so fast. I love it. The clear decisions are Advanced Algebra 2 and Biology.... they get harder from there. Will Alec try Advanced English? His writing is an issue (just that he hates to do it) but his reading and understanding are very high. So, we shall see.
There are quite a few more activities for incoming Frosh over the spring semester. The principal is awesome, and the few staff members we met were great too. So, we will live through Middle School, and then on to HillHi. Go Spartans!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Very pretty! Love the softness of the chalk.

And just what did you use to make the frame for the card on the right? The one that looks like bubbles?