Thursday, February 28, 2008

CKC Portland

I am going to keep this short because I am exhausted! It was a very long night last night. Alec had one of his major meltdowns. I thought maybe I wasn't going to be able to go to the all day Album Class today. I was going to be very bummed, it was not cheap! But Mike said he would manage Alec, and his day and his after school class too. So, I got on the Max (light rail system) and rode into Portland. It is about a 70 minute ride each way. It was great to just sit and listen to my Ipod. We completed a 20 page album. I will get photos and post next week. I really enjoyed it. But, I got home at 6:30, exhausted!

I am going to the vendor faire for a few hours tomorrow, and then longer on Saturday. I am very excited. I would have loved to be a vendor there, but there is a CTMH consultant that has done this show for years, so she gets first right of refusal. But ya know, I think that it was good for me to get some time to just get back into loving this hobby. This has been a crazy year. It is a year for me to find myself inside of my family. And, to find Joy in THIS season of my life.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you had a fun, relaxing day. I think "us moms" all need them. Unfortunately, we need them more than we get them. :(
I had a mini meltdown yesterday and was ready to just throw in towel. It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do. I wish I had someone here that loves to scrapbook as much as me. Everyone here in my little community is too busy pumping up their silicone (I know that's not how it's done but it looks likt it) and playing tennis, etc.

Denise said...

sorry about the mel;tdown. Glad you had a nice time. Hope today was a good day for you

Unknown said...

So glad you got some scrapbooking done and you were able to go to the album class. I think it is so good to just be the student or hobbyist sometimes. Of course, I am always the hobbyist, so I don't know what your role feels like. But, I have had high pressure roles before and I enjoy sitting back and letting someone else bear the load now. YKWIM?

kbradseth said...

Congratulations on a productive and refreshing day...moms always deserve one, but I suspect that you might be one of the most deserving kind of moms!~